Saturday, September 29, 2007

Carebears

Is it bad to be too caring to everybody? One thing for sure is that with our limited attention span, we will bound to disappoint somebody at any given day.

I was in my church's mid-autumn festival celebration earlier. When it came to the final event of the night (walking around with lanterns) I had decided to follow my friends from IPBA (Catherine, Nicky, Anita, Nigel & David) to Kanna Curry House for a drink. On my way out I stopped by to talk to several people. As a result, I never got to have my drink cuz by the time I was out of church, Nicky txt me saying they were going home already.

I'm concerned cuz a similar case happens in my family. Whenever I go back Ipoh during weekend, I find myself engaging in long conversations with my parents - about my job, health, car and all the 'serious' topics. At other times, I'll either be out yumchar with my old school mates or too tired to do anything. All these actually crowd out my time for my brother, whom I care a lot. Right now I still haven't got a solution for this. The best I did was to let him know I care about him a lot despite not spending enough brotherly time with him.

Hence the question - how much should I care for everybody so that I can still care sufficiently for people who matter most?

No comments: