Friday, June 27, 2008

Brothers-in-Bride (posted Nov 16, 2007)

It was a very wet morning last Saturday. All major roads around KL were congested like mad (no thanks to the police setting up road blocks to prevent people from going for the BERSIH rally). If it wasn't for Ching Wei and Chow Pin's wedding lunch, I would have joined Kenny in Dataran Merdeka. Well I managed to reach Royale Bintang Damansara by 1pm using the backdoor way (Puchong-Sunway-Subang Jaya-Glenmarie-NKVE-Kota Damansara) instead of LDP.

The UAL people had a table all for ourselves - Alex, Haw Yun, Hong Sen and Liza, Grace, Hooi Lee, Judy and her beau Adrian, Chong and me. Hong Sen & Liza came during the 2nd course (shark's fin soup). Chong made a very fashionably late entrance. And he thought Ching Wei didn't notice, haha.

After the lunch Alex, Chong, Haw Yun and me sat @ Starbucks for "panoramic viewing". I introduced Toffee Nut Frappucino to the lads. Midway thru, Ching Wei and Chow Pin came for photo shoot at our table. I went for Mass @ SFX after that.

Carolling practice that night was particularly fun. A group of us got together to sing some pop songs while Magdalene played the piano. I also found out that Rachel is Mei Lih's old schoolmate. I have another booze kaki, haha! We closed the practise with action song Mary Did You Know waaaay past midnight.

The next morning I had to wake up early cuz I'm helping out as Chow Pin's "brother-in-bride". We assembled at Jusco Balakong at 8.30am. This time Hong Sen was slightly late again but Haw Yun made the fashionably late entrance instead. Ching Wei's "sisters" made us do pushups and drink liquids with 4 different tastes. The rest were all up to Chow Pin himself. He had to sing love songs, recall his wedding vows and answer endless tough questions about his bride and her family. After giving out quite a number of angpows (as penalty for each wrong answer), he finally managed to get to his bride!!!

As Semenyih is not very far from Balakong, I went to my sister's halls after the wedding to pass her some items from Ipoh. Then I rushed back to SFX for "Our Father's Plan". My final activity for the weekend was making the announcement for World Youth Day during the 5.30pm Mass.
2 days of weekend come and gone, just like that...

No comments: