Friday, October 19, 2007

Spare Tyre

Finally went for a drink with my friend from Prudential. We had been talking and talking about going for a booze since almost 3 months ago. It all started when she sent me a photo of my professor Steven Haberman and I together with 2 actuaries from Prudential (Mr Ng Keng Hui and Mr Ong Kheng Heng) and the Actuarial Society president, my boss Mr Raymond Lai. I've actually uploaded the photo into Friendster.

I wanted the photo very desperately becuz I have tremendous respect for Prof Haberman. And it's also due to the fact that he immediately recognised me on the day he gave a talk on life annuities in Prudential. I can't describe how great an honour it was.

Anyway my friend Mei Lih brought some of her co-workers and superiors along and we had quite a happy hour in Beach Club. I can see that they're all down-to-earth and caring people. How nice. After the session I went up their building and chatted with fellow Ipohmali Lisa for a while. I drove Mei Lih back to her house afterwards.

Along the KL-Seremban highway I thought my car ran over some object and felt a small metal clank around my left rear tyre. That part of my car started becoming really noisy. I half suspected that my tyre had gone flat. I decided not to stop along the dark & dangerous emergency lane so I continued until we reached the BHP station near the Sri Petaling Carrefour. My suspicions were confirmed. I replaced the flat one with the spare tyre before sending Mei Lih home.

Since I started driving in KL I had to replace flat tyres 4 times in 4 years (that's once a year on average). Thank goodness all of them happened to rear tyres. Hmmm....now I need to buy a new Goodyear tyre before I drive back to Ipoh for All Souls' Day.

No comments: