Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Fruitful Weekend

Joined Lifeliners Adrian, Christina, Irene & Ivy Teh, Sister John and the Puchong kids for Pak Lah's open house in PWTC on Saturday noon. The queue was crazily LOOOOOONG.

Then we brought them to KLCC where they tried the bubble elevator for the first time. The dark sky was threatening to pour. The kids can't wait to play with water that they actually jumped into the fountain pool (which is forbidden). However we brought them to the wading pool instead, where they played to their hearts' content. Just as we got all of them out of the pool, it finally started to rain. The Lord wanted the kids to have fun too! Christina and I followed the kids and Sister John back to Puchong in the bas kilang, all tired and spent but very pleased to see the joy written on all the young faces.

Managed to get a quick shower at home before driving to the 5.00pm carolling practice at SFX. It rained so heavily that several parts of the Federal Highway were filled with inches of water. Thankfuly I arrived at church safely. The sopranos, altos, tenors and basses were being sorted out. Janice, Marie and Annie were the Sopranos; Irene and Jude (did I get her name correct?) the altos. With the help of Patrick and Mag, I found that I'm a tenor together with Julius and Samuel. The basses Alex and Lawrence completed this makeshift choir. For a start we practised "Silent Night". There were some glitches but we managed to piece it together just before Mass, though there was much refining needed. Can't wait for next practice.

After Mass I brought George Michael (George & Michael lah), Jovina, Melissa and Eric for dinner and fellowship @ Chuan Lee. Home sweet home for everyone afterwards.

Sunday morning Michael, Jovina and I went to GSC 1Utama for Chuck and Larry (U're right, Celia. It was darn funny. And Jessica Biel was OOZING HOT. I wish I was Adam Sandler!!!)

In the evening I went jogging around my apartment area, having missed Thursday's badminton. My fitness level is much better than a year ago before started training for Kinabalu. I used to stop to catch my breath every quarter of the perimeter then. Now I could run at least 5 rounds continuously with ease.

Continued reading Sidney Poitier's "The Measure of A Man" since dinner.

No comments: